You may have noticed that there hasn’t been a lot going on recently with MicroLite, we’ve had a few bug fixes since version 6.2 was released but nothing big. There are 2 main reasons behind that, the first is that I’ve been busy with some other things and the second is that I’ve been thinking about where to take MicroLite next.
There’s nothing concrete at the moment, but the main things I would like to do are:
- Move to .NET Core
- Support multiple mapping conventions (similar to how the attribute and convention routing works in ASP.NET Web API)
- Support immutable and private types
- Go async only
- Move the other database providers into separate assemblies which can reference the 3rd party libraries (instead of everything working against DbCommand and DbParameter)
- Allow custom instance factories
- Support out parameters from stored procedures
- Replace the MVC and WebApi extensions with a single AspNet extension for ASP.NET 5 (vNext)
That’s by no means a complete list, if there’s anything you would like to see added or any concerns with anything on that list, please comment here or raise an issue on the GitHub site.